- I really superhate video games.
- Happy Independence Day!
- I did my first 10-mile training walk!
- I may take my Salomons back, because my Nikes were so good to me.
- Here are some ducks:
It’s a hermit day. So much trouble in this world.
So raise a glass to turnings of the season
And watch it as it arcs towards the sun
And you must bear your neighbor’s burden within reason
And your labors will be borne when all is done
And nobody, nobody knows
Let the yoke fall from our shoulders
Don’t carry it all don’t carry it all
We are all our hands in holders
Beneath this bold and brilliant sun
What a great weekend this has been so far! Spent all day yesterday with my sister and brother in law, celebrating her birthday – while not mentioning which one it was. (40 – ahh!)
Jellyrolls last night – man I love that place. It was a super nostalgia sort of night, but in the happy way.
Woke up to this view:
Current set of worries about my upcoming Camino Frances:
- I haven’t trained nearly enough. By now I was supposed to be walking 5 miles a day during the week and 10-ish miles one day of the weekend. Currently at 5 mile walks 3-4 times a week. Also: no hills in Florida, so I’m afraid I’m ill-prepared.
- My Salomon Speedcross 3s may not be working for me. I expected some adjustment period, because they have a lot more support than I’m used to, but the balls of my feet aren’t cushioned enough and I’m getting hotspots after 4 miles. Decision making time – take them back to REI and try something else, or get some insoles?
- I’m a fast walker, generally. Since I’m going to be with my dad, I’m concerned that our paces will not match up in an ideal way. Figuring out the best way to handle that – decide on an albergue ahead of time and both of us end up there, in our own time? Or slow my pace down because this is a once in a lifetime I get to experience with him? Note: this could be a completely wrong assumption and he could leave me in the dust.🙂
- Feeling a little guilt about leaving my girls for so long, especially since it will be Kate’s first month of her senior year. They’re both excited like crazy for me, but you know, momguilt. It’s a thing.
- I have approximately 1,345,323 books about Camino, but something is keeping me from being exact about planning. (This is probably a good thing, come to think of it.)
- Health stuff. So many doctor’s appointments between now and September. Gotta make sure I don’t keel over while I’m in Spain. Just general anxiety about the ticker.
I’m still (of course) stupid excited about going, and I’m praying that my mind will settle once we start walking. That’s my hope, at least. Clear skies, clear mind.❤
Alright so I just updated my About section on here, because I felt like it was time – that picture is super old. While updating, I realized that I have been blogging for nearly TEN YEARS. TEN! These have been the ten most trying years of my life, I think. And I love that in some way, shape or form, they’re documented. I’m not proud of everything – far from it – but it’s there. Sometimes just pictures, or videos, or songs (lawd, tons of songs.) There’s something comforting about going back and seeing growth and maybe even a little wisdom seeping in over the years. Tons of cringing too, ugh.
Anyhoo. My blog brain has been renewed. I no longer feel as if I’m writing for someone else to see. It’s just me here, and really I just want to have something to measure by.
Now I’m gonna go to Disney and help my sister celebrate her 40th birthday, a little late.